If you’re looking for costumes beginning with W then you’ve come to the right place. Why have I compiled this post of costume ideas? It’s because I love alphabet parties, but sometimes I’d like to have a resource page for when I’m invited to one.
Have you ever been to an alphabet party? When I was in my early 20s they were all the rage, somehow everytime I was invited to one it was always a P party which meant dressing up as something beginning with the letter P. You can choose any letter of the alphabet however and today I’ve chosen the letter W.
Think of Witches and Wizards and …… whoopie cushions! There’s lots of fun costume ideas that start with W when you think about it!
NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases – more information below
Fancy dress parties or costume parties are so much more fun when they’re themed, but you don’t always want to have an 80s party, a Zombie gathering or even a Star Wars themed party. Choosing a letter to base your party around is fun because seeing how people interpret it can be really interesting…..some people really know how to think outside of the box.
Costumes Beginning with W – The List
- Waitress – You could get a waitress costume which usually consists of a black dress with a white apron. Alternatively you could wear black trousers or skirt and a white shirt or blouse and carry an order pad. Another idea is to dress up as one of the girls in 2 broke girls in their red and yellow uniform.
- Warlock – As Charmed showed us Warlocks can look like regular people really easily, but I usually think of them wearing a really cool longish black coat.
- Warrior – You could be any type of warrior from a Native American warrior to a Maori warrior or a Roman warrior to a Scottish warrior (like Braveheart). There’s lots of options for this costume idea.
- Wednesday Addams – You can find costume ideas for Wednesday on our Addams Family Costume Ideas post.
- Where’s Waldo/Wally – This is an easy costume to pull off, simply wear a pair of blue jeans with a red and white striped top and finish it off with a red and white striped hat complete with a red pom pom.
- Whoopie Cushion
Men’s Warlock Costume CoatWoopie Cushion Costume, One SizeMen’s William Shakespeare Costume
- Wicked Queen – The wicked queen from the Snow White story, otherwise referred to as Ravenna
- Wicked Witch – I always think of a wicked witch as being a bit of an old hag so when I’ve dressed up as one I’ve added a big ugly mole and tried to stick a hair growing out of it (the hair didn’t stay put for long thoug!), complete with a classic black witch costume and a few spells.
- William Shakespeare
- William Wallace – The Scot portrayed by Mel Gibson in the movie Braveheart.
- Willie Wonka – Who hasn’t heard of Willie Wonka and his chocolate factory, he’s been brought to life in the movies by two very talented actors; firstly Gene Wilder and then Johnny Depp.
- Wilma Flintstone – The long suffering wife of Fred Flintstone, this is a fun costume idea. You can find the rest of the Flintstone family here.
- Winnie the Pooh
- Winston Churchill
- Witch – There are lots of witch costumes from the classic black robes and broomstick to all manner of colored dresses. As long as you add a pointed hat it seems that you can be as glamorous or as dowdy a witch as you like!
The Flintstones Wilma Flintstone CostumeWitch Doctor Adult Costume2 Piece Storybook Witch Costume
- Witch Doctor – There seems to be two different looks that fit the witch doctor, one is that of a voodoo priest; the other is an African tribal doctor. Both costumes are a lot of fun.
- Wizard – From a traditional Merlin style of Wizard to Harry Potter this really is a magical costume idea.
- Wolf – There are lots of wolf costumes available to purchase or if you’re a Game of Thrones fan you can make sure you dress up as one of the Dire Wolves such as Ghost.
- Wonder Woman – Who doesn’t love the Amazonian super hero we call Wonder Woman?
- Woody (Toy Story)
If you’re looking for a different letter of the alphabet to dress up as then check out my A-Z of costumes page.
Hi I’m Louanne from Everything Halloween, welcome to my blog! I just wanted to let you know that this post may contain affiliate links which means, at no cost to YOU, that I might receive compensation if you purchase something through a link on my site. In the online world this is called ‘affiliate marketing’ and is a very common way that bloggers make their money, if you want to find out more then check out this post to find out what is affiliate marketing and how we make money on this site, If you want to see my full affiliate disclosure and the other ‘legal stuff’ then click here.