If you’re looking for costumes beginning with T then you’ve come to the right place. I have classic ‘T’ costumes like Tarzan or the Tin Man through to a game of Twister costume and more. I particularly like the idea of dressing up as a Tea Bag as I have affectionately been known as the old tea bag due to my love of tea!
This page, along with a number of others,has been compiled as a resource page for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. I used to get invited to a lot of alphabet parties when I was in my 20s and I think it’s high time they caught on again! In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter T! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with T right now.
Fancy Dress Costumes Beginning with T
- Tea Bag
- Teddy bear
- Teddy Boys & Girls
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tennis Player
Testeys Tea Bag CostumeMen’s Teddy Boy CostumeTequila Bottle Costume
- Texas Ranger
- Tic Tac Toe
- Tin Man – The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz is an absolute classic costume for a ‘T’ party and can also be worn if you’re going to a classic movies themed night.
- Tina Turner
- Tinkerbell – Peter Pan’s little fairy friend, I used to love Tink as a child and I still love the idea of dressing up as her these days too!
- Tinky Winky – One of the Teletubbies, Tinky Winky is instantly recognizable and if you happen to have a touch too much drink then people will think you’re in character when you don’t pronounce your words quite right! You can check out all of the Teletubbie costumes on the group costume post.
Men’s Avengers Adult Thor CostumeTic Tac Toe Board Adult Halloween CostumeBlow Me Tissue Box Costume
- Tomato Ketchup
- Tooth Fairy
- Toreador – this is the name for a Spanish bull fighter, ole!
- Trophy Wife
- Tweedledee or Tweedledum – From Alice in Wonderland, this would also make a great couples costume idea.
- Twenties Lady – Dress up as a Flapper, Gatsby Girl or a female take on a 20s gangster. Check out this post for some great 1920s Flapper costumes.
- Twenties Man
Fancy Dress Ideas Starting with I
Have you ever been to an alphabet party? When I was in my early 20s they were all the rage, somehow everytime I was invited to one it was always a P party which meant dressing up as something beginning with the letter P. You can choose any letter of the alphabet however and today I’ve chosen the letter I.
Fancy dress parties or costume parties are so much more fun when they’re themed, but you don’t always want to have an 80s party or a dazzling 1920s event. When it comes to the letter I you can dress up as things such as an ice cream, iron man or even Indiana Jones!
Costumes Beginning with I – The List!
- Ice Cream Costumes -Who doesn’t love ice cream? I know personally I love it in a myriad of flavors, but as a costume? Well it didn’t cross my mind until I was thinking of things that started with I, luckily other people had already thought of ice cream costumes as you can see from the selection below –
Ice Cream Cone Costume Set – One SizeRasta Imposta Ice Cream Sundae, Multi, One SizeAdult Ice Cream Mascot Costume
- Ice Queen
- Icon – this could be a physical icon such as the Statue of Liberty or Eiffel Tower or it could mean an icon of the silver screen like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn or even pop icons like Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson or Madonna or sporting icons……it almost gives you carte blanche!
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the many types of soldiers from Star Wars, and although probably not a first choice for a costume idea, it wouldn’t be too hard to do. I don’t know about your group of friends, but I’ve found in most there’s at least one person who always wants to have a Star Wars themed costume, so they’ll be happy!
- Incredible Hulk – This costume has seen a surge in popularity since the Avenger’s movie franchise started up again. I’ve been a fan of the Hulk since the television program and love the costumes that you can now get that include the chest torso, although the sizes do seem to be on the small side by all accounts so get one early in case you need to change sizes.
Star Wars Imperial Guard CostumeLadies Eiffel Tower Costume DressAvengers 2 Age Of Ultron Adult Hulk Costume
- Incredibles – The Incredibles costumes gives you a chance to become Mr and Mrs Incredible if you want a couples costume for an ‘I’ party or even a whole super hero family if you’re after a group costume idea.
- Indian – From the old fashioned name for a Native American to Raj from The Big Bang Theory there’s a few different twists you can make on this costume idea.
- Indiana Jones
- Inspector Gadget – You can get a ready to wear costume or compile your own – a grey trench coat, fedora hat and neat black shoes is the start. Then you just have to work out how to add some gadget detailing to the hat, personally I’d get a ready made costume, but I know a coupld of people who would love spending the time creating and Inspector Gadget hat!
- Invisible Woman – Invisible Woman is one of the Fantastic Four, who can turn her body invisible, now I’m not sure how you’d manage that for a fancy dress event, but you could wear a blue jumpsuit with a ‘4’ logo on the front as in the movies she wears these – they’re also available as an official Marvel Comics costume.
- Irish Leprechaun
- Iron Man – Since Robert Downey Jr first pulled on the Iron Man suit this superhero has never been more popular, there’s also an updated version of the Iron Man costume after every movie!
Costumes Starting with H
If you’re looking for some awesome costume ideas that start with the letter H then you’ve come to the right place. There are Humpty Dumpty costumes available alongside Halo costumes and more besides.
I love fancy dress parties/events, but I love them even more when they’re themed and one of my favorite type of themes is the alphabet party theme. You take a letter of the alphabet (in this case H) and everyone has to dress as something beginning with that letter. If you’re thinking of hosting an H party or you’ve been invited to one then this is a great webpage for inspiration………or to buy your costume if you fall in love with one.
Costume Ideas That Begin With the Letter H
- Halo Master – Created by Microsoft this X-Box game series has taken the gaming world by storm so it’s hardly surprising that you can now get Halo costumes.
- Hamlet – From the Shakespeare play, this is an opportunity to wear a Tudor themed costume (Elizabethan is the ‘look’ that Hamlet usually boasts).
- Hangman – Simply don a long black robe with a full face hood for this creepy look. Just remember the hangman was always anonymous so make sure you stay covered up or their may be a lynch mob after you!
- Hannibal Lector – From Silence of the Lambs this fictional serial killer needs no introduction.
- Hans Solo – There’s always a Star Wars fan somewhere so I’m glad I’ve got a costume that begins with H just for them!
Halo Master Chief CostumeHarajuku Girl Adult Costume
- Harajuku Girl – This is a really fun and funky costume idea that I can imagine would be very popular. There are actually four Harajuku Girls that perform with Gwen Stefani which means that this could also be a great idea for a group costume.
- Harem Girl – Wear a belly dancer outfit and make sure your eyes look smouldering.
- Hari Krishna – This costume can be worn by one person or by a group of people, just add a tamborine to the long orange robes so that you can chant and dance in style.
- Harley Quinn – For all Batman fans here’s one of the villains for you to dress up as. You can choose from the classic Harley Quinn costume to the 2016 reinvention of the Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn.
- Harpo Marx – One of the famous Marx brothers comedy act of the 1930s. Wear a long, light-coloured coat, reddish-pink hair, and a top hat.
- Harry Potter – The wizard of Hogwarts fame, this is a very popular costume idea for the letter H
Spooky Haunted Tree Men’s CostumeBatman Arkham City Harley Quinn Women’s Costume
- Haunted Tree – You can see this costume above and I have to say I think it’s a highly original costume idea that brings a whole new meaning to the words Halloween Tree!
- Hawkeye – From The Avengers, need I say more?
- He Man – From cartoon fame comes this hero with bulging muscles/
- Headless Horseman – I fell in love with this costume the first time I saw it (a number of years ago) and I still love it!
- Helen of Troy – In Greek literature she is said to be the most beautiful woman in the world – a big title to hold! Wear Grecian robes and a smile
- Hello Kitty
Men’s Headless Horseman CostumeHighway Patrol Costume
- Henry VIII – One of the most famous of the Tudor Kings.
- Hercules – Hercules was the son of Zeus and a mortal woman, but he’s best remembered in mythology for the Labors of Hercules – 12 tasks he was sent on by the Oracle of Delphi.
- Herman Munster – From the famous 1960s television show, The Munsters, this costume is instantly recognizable as the show has a cult following.
- Hermoine Granger – A Muggle born student from Hogwarts and one of Harry Potter’s best friends.
- Highway Man – I grew up on tales of highway men like Dick Turpin and then along came the ‘camp’ version from Adam and the Ant’s music video Stand and Deliver!
- Highway Patrol – This costume always makes me think of the old television show CHiPs with Ponch and John.
- Hippie – This is a fun costume idea and can be worn by men or females alike as there are lots of different hippie costumes.
Hippie Costume, Rainbow,Holly Golightly Costume
- Holly Golightly – Audrey Hepburn’s most iconic character from the movie Breakfast at Tiffanys.
- Homer Simpson – The patriarch of television’s The Simpsons, make sure you can say ‘Doh!’ before dressing up as Homer!
- Hot Dog – You can get a fun hot dog costume, if you want to go as a couple one of you can dress up as a hot dog and one of you can dress up as a hot dog vendor.
- Hulk – The Incredible Hulk – green, big angry….need I say anymore?
- Humpty Dumpty – I have found some great Humpty Dumpty costumes available over the years and it’s certainly a cool costume idea.
- Hunchback of Notre Dame – My hubby dressed up as the Hunchback a number of years ago and he had great fun ‘lurching’ about, but a word of warning his back was quite sore the next day!
I hope you have fun dressing up in something beginning with H and hopefully we’ve helped you come up with an awesome costume idea.
Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article – more information can be found on our disclosure page.
If you’re looking for costumes beginning with A it can sometimes be hard to know where to start. I’ve compiled a great selection of costume ideas for you to browse and I’m sure just looking at some of these you’ll come up with your own ideas that I’ve missed!
I was inspired to write this list as I used to attend a lot of alphabet parties when I was younger and they were so much fun! A few years ago I read about them making a come back and I was cheering to myself!
If you’ve been invited to an alphabet party then I have you covered with all of the letters of the alphabet starting with this post.
- Abba – this is a great idea for a group costume that begins with A and it’s also popular for 70s or 80s themed parties too.
- Abominable Snowman – yet another name for a Yeti, a perfect winter costume under all that fur!
- Abraham Lincoln
- Action Hero – An action hero could leave this wide open for costume ideas from your favorite superhero to a movie hero like John McClane from the Die Hard Movies. Personally I think the super heros will be the most popular at the moment as they seem to overtake most themed parties these days.
Batman CostumeSupergirl CostumeCaptain America Costume
- Action Man
- Adam – wear a nude bodysuit with a strategically placed fig leaf!
- Adam Ant – The biggest thing that I think of when I think of Adam Ant is the white stripe across his nose! You can actually get Adam Ant costumes and other cool costume ideas on my 80s Costumes for Men post.
- Addams Family – another group costume idea that is sure to be popular, especially among the kooky!
- Air Force Officer
- Air Hostess
- Airline Pilot
- Al Capone
- Albert Einstein – everyone’s favorite scientist, just be sure to know a few formulas to sprinkle into conversation with this costume. You can purchase ‘instant disguise’ kits which feature his moustache and a wig, the two recognizable bits of any Einstein costume.
- Ali G – Ali G is a character made famous by Sasha Baron Cohen and is a fancy dress outfit that will make everyone sit up and take notice…..the bonus is that if you can fake the accent you could get away with saying all manner of things!
- Alice in Wonderland – there are a few different options for this costume – the traditional Alice costume, the movie themed costume or a ‘sexy Alice’ costume
- Alien – this is a fun costume because it allows you a lot of latitude, after all no one really knows what aliens look like so you can let your imagination run wild or just draw on some of your favorite movie alien forms.
- American Footballer
- Amy Winehouse – Everyone will know you’re Amy Winehouse as her over the top beehive hair is instantly recognizable, even by people who don’t listen to her music!
- Anakin Skywalker – Now I grew up with the movie – Luke I am your father – so it’s kind of hard to give him another name other than Darth Vader, but before he was Darth Vader his name was Anakin Skywalker.
- Angel – Angels are a nice easy costume to wear, a flowing white dress and a halo and you’re a classic angel! You can purchase your own angel costume here or you can fashion florist wire or a coat hanger into a halo and wrap tinsel or white fur around it. Of course you don’t have to stick to a ‘classic angel’ costume, there’s also the angel of death, a fallen angel, a dark angel etc
Fallen Angel CostumeGuardian Angel CostumeDark Angel Costume
- Angry Birds – there are a few different Angry Birds that you can dress up as which means you can come on your own in one of the costumes or as a group of Angry Birds. Here’s a page with a range of these costumes on it – Angry Birds Costumes
- Anne Boleyn – Henry VIII’s second wife and mother of Queen Elizabeth I Anne Boleyn is certainly one of the more famous of Tudor women!
- Annie Oakley
- Apache Indian
- Aphrodite – The Greek goddess of love – Aphrodite can be a great fancy dress outfit beginning with the letter A. I must admit the funniest Aphrodite costume I ever saw was worn by a man (he lost a bet) and he got so much attention all night.
- Apple – When you first learn your ABCs you learn that A is for Apple so it’s hardly surprising that when you’re trying to think of a costume beginning with A then an apple springs to mind. I’ve found two cool, unisex apple costumes for you to choose from –
Apple with Worm Adult CostumeGet Real Apple Costume
- Army Officer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Astronaut – If you’ve ever wanted to go into space you can ‘pretend’ in this costume! Most boys men seem to like dressing up as an Astronaut so this costume if very popular!
- Audrey Hepburn – Audrey Hepburns most iconic image is this one where she played Holly Golightly in the classic movie Breakfast at Tiffanys. Add a cigarette holder and a wig and you’ve got an awesome costume here that everyone will instantly recognise.
- Austin Powers
- Avengers – Check out some of the Avengers costume ideas here – The Avengers Costumes
If you’re interested in checking out costumes beginning with another letter of the alphabet the quickest way is to pop over to my A-Z of costumes page, you won’t regret it.