Fancy Dress Ideas Starting with I
Have you ever been to an alphabet party? When I was in my early 20s they were all the rage, somehow everytime I was invited to one it was always a P party which meant dressing up as something beginning with the letter P. You can choose any letter of the alphabet however and today I’ve chosen the letter I.
Fancy dress parties or costume parties are so much more fun when they’re themed, but you don’t always want to have an 80s party or a dazzling 1920s event. When it comes to the letter I you can dress up as things such as an ice cream, iron man or even Indiana Jones!
Costumes Beginning with I – The List!
- Ice Cream Costumes -Who doesn’t love ice cream? I know personally I love it in a myriad of flavors, but as a costume? Well it didn’t cross my mind until I was thinking of things that started with I, luckily other people had already thought of ice cream costumes as you can see from the selection below –
- Ice Queen
- Icon – this could be a physical icon such as the Statue of Liberty or Eiffel Tower or it could mean an icon of the silver screen like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn or even pop icons like Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson or Madonna or sporting icons……it almost gives you carte blanche!
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the many types of soldiers from Star Wars, and although probably not a first choice for a costume idea, it wouldn’t be too hard to do. I don’t know about your group of friends, but I’ve found in most there’s at least one person who always wants to have a Star Wars themed costume, so they’ll be happy!
- Incredible Hulk – This costume has seen a surge in popularity since the Avenger’s movie franchise started up again. I’ve been a fan of the Hulk since the television program and love the costumes that you can now get that include the chest torso, although the sizes do seem to be on the small side by all accounts so get one early in case you need to change sizes.
- Incredibles – The Incredibles costumes gives you a chance to become Mr and Mrs Incredible if you want a couples costume for an ‘I’ party or even a whole super hero family if you’re after a group costume idea.
- Indian – From the old fashioned name for a Native American to Raj from The Big Bang Theory there’s a few different twists you can make on this costume idea.
- Indiana Jones
- Inspector Gadget – You can get a ready to wear costume or compile your own – a grey trench coat, fedora hat and neat black shoes is the start. Then you just have to work out how to add some gadget detailing to the hat, personally I’d get a ready made costume, but I know a coupld of people who would love spending the time creating and Inspector Gadget hat!
- Invisible Woman – Invisible Woman is one of the Fantastic Four, who can turn her body invisible, now I’m not sure how you’d manage that for a fancy dress event, but you could wear a blue jumpsuit with a ‘4’ logo on the front as in the movies she wears these – they’re also available as an official Marvel Comics costume.
- Irish Leprechaun
- Iron Man – Since Robert Downey Jr first pulled on the Iron Man suit this superhero has never been more popular, there’s also an updated version of the Iron Man costume after every movie!