Zombie costumes are hot, hot, hot this Halloween, but what if you’re looking for a couples costume? Well there are lots of zombie costume ideas for couples including zombie police officers, zombie bride and groom or even zombie pirates.
If you want a cool Halloween couples costume this year then you should considerone of the options here –
Go back to school and become the prom queen and king of the undead with these zombie prom queen and king costumes –
Zombie Prom King CostumeZombie Prom Queen Costume
Another popular zombie couples costume idea is the zombie bride and groom, I actually featured a cool zombie bride and groom couples costume on this earlier post which has been popular and I’ve found another one here for you –
Zombie Groom CostumeZombie Bride Costume
Then of course there’s always the law enforcing zombie police officers that you can dress up as, these zombie police costumes are pretty cool –
Another cool option is the zombie pirate couple, let’s face it pirates are always cool costumes to wear so if you combine that with zombies you just have to have a good costume! There are a few different zombie pirate costumes available that you can choose from, but I think these two make a perfect couple –
Are you after Gothic Halloween costumes for a couple this year? If so then there’s quite a few different options available for you from Vampires to Zombies and more, let’s take a look at the fun Gothic Halloween costume ideas we can find.
Gothic Vampire Halloween Costumes
A Halloween Couples Costume Idea
There certainly are a lot of different options for Vampire costumes for both men and women, but I particularly like these costumes for a couple – what do you think?
The use of black with burgundy and grey is very Gothic in look and even though Twilight is no more I think the more classic vampires never go out of fashion.
VERSAILLES VAMPIRE COSTUMEVERSAILLES VAMPIRESS COSTUME
Zombie Halloween Couples Costumes
Gothic Halloween Costume Ideas
Of course another Gothic couples idea is a Zombie costume and there are certainly a lot of different zombie couples costumes available from Prom King and Queen to a zombie bride and groom, doctor and nurse etc, but for something a little different you can visit an undead school and dress as a Zombie Schoolboy and Zombie Schoolgirl.
ZOMBIE SCHOOL BOY COSTUMEZOMBIE SCHOOL GIRL COSTUME
Dark Fairytale Costume Ideas
Gothic Costume Ideas for Couples
Of course sometimes you just want to look at dark versions of well known fairy tales and dress accordingly. A fun couples costume idea is a Gothic take on Alice in Wonderland – let’s check out Alice’s dark side with this cool Gothic costume idea –
DARK MAD HATTER COSTUMESEXY DARK ALICE COSTUME
Victorian Gothic Costume Ideas
Of course Gothic fashion as we think of it harks back to a lot of the Victorian fashions which is why a great Gothic Halloween costume for a man is Jack the Ripper and if you want to make this a couple’s costume then add one of his victims. A Victorian ‘lady of the night’ can be a sexy Gothic Halloween costume for a lady.
JACK THE RIPPER COSTUMEVICTORIAN VAMP COSTUME
There are lots more Gothic costume ideas for Halloween especially for women from Gothic Ragdoll costumes to Gothic Fairy Costumes, but I hope you’ve enjoyed this small selection of Gothic costumes for couples.
Fancy Dress Outfits Starting with the Letter D
Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article – more information can be found on our disclosure page.
If you’re looking for costume ideas that start with the letter D then you’ve come to the right place as I have selected some great costumes for you to choose from. Star Wars fans will love to see that Darth Vader is available while Scooby fans can enjoy dressing up as Daphne, but there are many other costumes to choose from besides those.
I compiled this page along with a number of others as resource pages for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. I used to get invited to a lot of alphabet parties when I was in my 20s and I think it’s high time they caught on again! In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter D! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with D right now.
Cool Costumes Beginning with D
- Dad’s Army – costumes based on this old British television comedy about the Home Guard during the war would be good and you could use this as a group costume idea as well.
- Daffy Duck
- Daisy Duke
- Dalai Lama
- Dallas Cowboy or even a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader
- Dame Edna Everage
- Dancers – A great costume idea that starts with D is a dancer and this is where you can have a lot of fun because there’s so many interpretations of dancer from Ballerina to a hip hop dancer and more. There really are lots of different ideas that you can use for this brief from Morris dancers to dancers from Greece, Tibet or more in traditional costume.
Women’s Spanish Dancer CostumeWomen’s Black Swan Ballet Dancer CostumeWomen’s Belly Dancer Costume
- Danger Mouse
- Danny – from the cult hit musical Grease
- Daphne – from everyone’s favorite….Scooby Doo
- Dark Knight
- Dark Menace
- Dart Board – there is a ready made dart board costume available to buy, but this one is pretty easy to make yourself by getting some cardboard and cutting out two circles to stick on your t-shirt or jumper – one on the front with the Dart Board marked out and one on the back that you can keep plain black as the back of the board.
- Darth Maul
- Darth Vader – I love the idea of dressing up as Darth Vader just so that I can put on his voice with the only phrase I can ever remember of his – Luke, I am your father!
- Dead Costumes – Now I know what you’re thinking – dead isn’t a costume! It is, however a cool idea especially with the rise of shows such as The Walking Dead and the interest in zombies that seems to be constantly growing.You dress up as a Dead Bride, Dead Groom, Dead Cheerleader, Dead Cowboy, you get the idea.A cool idea is to take the costume you wore last time you had a fancy dress event and basically ‘trash it’, roll around on grass, smudge it with dirt and maybe rip it a little until it looks like it could’ve been dug up and say you’re a dead ?.Alternatively you can just buy a ready made costume like the ones below or check out some of the ideas on other posts such as zombie costumes for men, zombie costumes for women, zombie costumes for boys or zombie costumes for girls.
Man’s Zombie Doctor CostumeZombie School Girl CostumeStar Wars Death Trooper Costume
- Deadshot – A member of the super villains known as the Suicide Squad.
- Dealer – I originally thought of a card dealer, but you could also dress up as a used car dealer!
- Death Eater
- Death Tarot Card
- Deck of Cards
- Dennis the Menace
- Detective – just wear your own clothes and carry a badge, you could say you’re undercover. Alternatively dress up as one of the famous detectives from Poirot to Sherlock Holmes.
- (Princess) Diana
- Diana Ross
- Dick Dastardly
- Disco – Dancers or Ball. There are lots of disco dancer costumes available to buy or you may be able to raid your grandparents (or parents) wardrobes for some cool clothes to put together an outfit. Another idea is to just go as a disco ball which is definitely a diy costume idea.
- Dipsy – One of the teletubbies.
- Disney Costumes – You could dress up as a Disney Princess, Disney Fairy or just about any Disney character actually and then when people say something like why are you dressed as Lilo or Ollie the Pig you can look at them with a withering stare and say actually I’m dressed as a Disney character!
Death Card – Tarot Card CostumeDiana Ross Sexy Black CostumeMen’s Dinosaur Plush Costume
- Doc – one of the Seven Dwarfs
- Doctor – From wearing a white coat and being a doctor to the likes of Doctor Who or Doctor Evil there’s lots of different costume ideas.
- Dog the Bounty Hunter
- Doll – again there’s lots of different ideas here from rag dolls to china dolls and more. There’s some great doll face tutorials on youtube and/or pinterest which you could use and then pop on a party dress and be a little china doll.
- Dollar Bill
- Dolly Parton
- Domino – I haven’t actually seen a domino costume, but I think it would be a really easy one to make, simply wear a black dress with a white belt and stick some white dots on the front – too easy!
- Donnatello – one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles we all love.
- Dopey – or in fact any Dwarf would be a D wouldn’t it?
- Dora the Explorer – or even her cousin Diego
- Dorothy – from the Wizard of Oz or even Dorothy the Dinosaur from the Wiggles.
- Draculaura – one of the original Monster High dolls, you can check out some of her costume ideas on the Draculaura Costume Ideas post
- Drag Queen
- Dragon – from some of the cartoon dragon costumes to some sexy dragon costumes I personally like the idea of dressing up as a Chinese dragon.
- Driver – Nascar driver to chauffeur, it’s your choice.
- Drummer – just carry drum sticks if you’ve run out of time to get a costume made, alternatively dress up as a famous drummer.
- Drum Majorette
- Drunk – A drunk could be a very fun costume idea and great as a last minute outfit. Basically you can wear anything, but carry an empty glass or bottle and bump into lots of things slurring your words at the same time.
- Dummy – from a crash test dummy to a shop mannequin
- Dunce – all you need to do is wear a school uniform and make yourself a hat with a D on it.
For more cool costume ideas that start with a particular letter of the alphabet be sure to check out my A-Z of Costume Ideas.