Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article – more information can be found on our disclosure page.
If you’re looking for some costumes beginning with B then you’re in the right place! If you saw my post a couple of weeks ago you’ll know we looked at costumes beginning with A which is why I thought it would be a great idea to do costumes beginning with B today and boy are there a lot to choose from.
We have all different types of fancy dress ideas from Bees, Bananas, Ballerinas and so much more to choose from. Let’s check them all out.
List of Costumes Beginning with B
- Baby – all you need is to make what looks like an over-sized diaper and a large baby bottle and you’re good to go. Alternatively you can actually buy baby costumes which consists of a large stretch and go (much warmer for winter parties or Halloween.
- Baby Doll – Baby Doll is one of the stars of the cult movie Sucker Punch and when I saw the movie I just knew that these costumes would be a hit! Baby Doll isn’t the only character that begins with B, there’s also Blondie as well and you can check them both out on my Sucker Punch Costumes post.
- Baby Spice – The Spice Girls may no longer be together, but they were a force to be reckoned with and their costumes are still instantly recognizable. You can check out the Baby Spice costume on my Spice Girls Costumes post.
- Ballet Dancer – a leotard, tutu and ballet slippers is all you need for this costume to work.
- Ballroom Dancer – if you’re going to the event as a couple you can dress up as ballroom dancing partners, one in a suit, the other a ballgown and make sure that you have numbers on your back for the judges to score you.
- Banana – the banana costumes that are available to buy are a really fun costume that draw everyone’s attention, although I have been known to ask people wearing such costumes if they can turn into a banana daiquiri for me……..I’m probably not the first person to ask that which could become tiresome!
- Bank Robber
- Barney – everone’s favorite purple dinosaur, make sure you know a few of Barney’s songs if you choose this outfit!
- Barney Rubble – Who doesn’t love the Flintstones? I know most people think of Fred and Wilma when the Flintstones are first mentioned, but I do have a soft spot for Barney myself!I feel I should add a warning with this costume….a friend of ours attended a fancy dress party about 20 years ago dressed as Barney Rubble and is still called Barney by just about our entire circle of friends! I’m sure that’s an isolated case though
- Barney Stinson – If you’ve ever watched How I Met Your Mother you’ll know that the star of the show (in my opinion anyway) is Barney Stinson and it just so happens to start with the letter B!Barney Stinson coined the phrase ‘suit up’ and all you need to dress up as Barney is to dress in a suit and tie and memorize a few Barneyisms to sprinkle though your conversations throughout the night………oh and you’ll need short, tidy hair!
- Barrister – black robes and a wig will make you look quite distinguished, but I’d make sure to add a big law book and a pair of glasses to really pull off this costume idea.
- Bart Simpson – an absolute classic costume
- Bass Head Trophy – when I first came across this costume online I absolutely fell in love with it and think it’s one of the best B costumes around, check it out below.
- Bat Girl
- Baywatch – you can get official Baywatch costumes for both male and female lifeguards, both are equally recognizable to any fan of the show.
- Beast – from Beauty and the Beast fame, you could come on your own or with a partner dressed as Belle for the ultimate ‘B’ list couple!
- (The) Beatles – There’s a number of different costumes available of the Beatles from their tidy haircuts and suits days to the Sgt Pepper days, a great group costume idea.
- Beefeater – did you know that the Beefeaters were first formed in Tudor times and that their costumes haven’t really changed in all of that time? My Tudor costume page actually features one for you.
- Beer – always a favorite amongst my hubby’s friends, but there’s actually quite a few different beer options available to choose from.
- Beetlejuice – a classic 80s character, if you dressed up in this suit anyone who’s seen the movie would instantly know who you were and what a fun costume it is too!
- Belle – If Belle is your favorite Disney princess then this is the excuse you need to dress up as her, alternatively this could be a great couples costume with the Beast.
- Belly Dancer – This is a lovely costume for a female with a great figure OR a man who’s up for a laugh……imagine one of the guys you know wearing this it would be the talk of the party, but you’d need a confident person to carry it off.
- Ben Hur
- Benedictine Monk
- Betty Rubble – Barney’s lovely wife Betty is a lovely costume and if you’re going to a party as a couple then you could go as Barney and Betty Rubble.
- Big Bad Wolf – Fancy being the bad guy at the party? The big bad wolf is the biggest bad guy in the fairy tale books, ‘my how big your teeth are Grandma….’This costume idea (from Little Red Riding Hood) is awesome although you may end up saying ‘all the better to eat you’ all night, but that could be fun as it’s certainly an ice breaker!
- Big Game Hunter
- Black Swan – a dramatic ballerina costume idea based on the movie of the same name, if you want to use this costume idea then be sure to check out YouTube for make up tutorials as Natalie Portman’s make-up in the movie really pulled the look together.
- Bloody Costume Section – There are lots of different ideas for this from the Bloody Bride, Bloody Doctor, Bloody Surgeon or more. You could even just wear an old outfit of your own with fake blood over it and call yourself a bloody car crash victim.
- Blues Brothers
- Bluto – if you’re stuck on an idea and you’re running out of time then grab a sheet and wear it like a toga, just like Bluto in the movie Animal House.
- Bo Peep
- Bob the Builder
- Bollywood Star
- Bonnie Parker – of Bonnie and Clyde fame, dress up in 1930s fashion and carry a handgun (a pretend one, it is a party you’re going to after all).
- (A) Box – the easiest of all costumes, just pop yourself in a box!
- Boy George – a classic 80s costume idea, you can find a ready made Boy George costume on my 80s Costumes Ideas for Men, alternatively you just need dreadlocks, make up and a long duster coat!
- Bride – you can go as a classic bride, an undead bride, Bride of Chucky or Bride of Frankenstein
- Britannia – I don’t think that there’s an actual Britannia costume so you could wear a Union Jack dress and call yourself Britannia or you could wear a long robe with a Roman style helmet, trident and Union Jack shield as a cross between the British warrior queen, Boadicea and a goddess of war with a little nod to Britain with the Union Jack. If you can’t get a Union Jack shield then just use a plain shield, but have the Union Jack like a cape essentially a British superhero!
- Britney Spears
- Buccaneer – a buccaneer is essentially another name for a pirate so if you need more inspiration then check out my pirate costume page.
- Buddy Holly
- Buddy the Elf
- Buffalo Bill
- Bugs Bunny
- Bunny Girl – this is a very easy costume to pull off in fact my father managed to pull this off for a party when I was a teenager, I remember because I had to help him paint his nails red! Simply wear a leotard with bunny ears and a white cottontail on your bottom. Wear high heels and walk with a wiggle!
- Burglar – as a last minute costume this is a good one, dark clothes and a ski mask is all you’ll need.
- Burlesque Babe
- Buzz Lightyear
I hope you’ve found some great ideas here for costumes beginning with B, if you’re after costume ideas for different letters then you need to visit my A-Z of costumes page.