Are you after Gothic Halloween costumes for a couple this year? If so then there’s quite a few different options available for you from Vampires to Zombies and more, let’s take a look at the fun Gothic Halloween costume ideas we can find.
Gothic Vampire Halloween Costumes
A Halloween Couples Costume Idea
There certainly are a lot of different options for Vampire costumes for both men and women, but I particularly like these costumes for a couple – what do you think?
The use of black with burgundy and grey is very Gothic in look and even though Twilight is no more I think the more classic vampires never go out of fashion.
VERSAILLES VAMPIRE COSTUMEVERSAILLES VAMPIRESS COSTUME
Zombie Halloween Couples Costumes
Gothic Halloween Costume Ideas
Of course another Gothic couples idea is a Zombie costume and there are certainly a lot of different zombie couples costumes available from Prom King and Queen to a zombie bride and groom, doctor and nurse etc, but for something a little different you can visit an undead school and dress as a Zombie Schoolboy and Zombie Schoolgirl.
ZOMBIE SCHOOL BOY COSTUMEZOMBIE SCHOOL GIRL COSTUME
Dark Fairytale Costume Ideas
Gothic Costume Ideas for Couples
Of course sometimes you just want to look at dark versions of well known fairy tales and dress accordingly. A fun couples costume idea is a Gothic take on Alice in Wonderland – let’s check out Alice’s dark side with this cool Gothic costume idea –
DARK MAD HATTER COSTUMESEXY DARK ALICE COSTUME
Victorian Gothic Costume Ideas
Of course Gothic fashion as we think of it harks back to a lot of the Victorian fashions which is why a great Gothic Halloween costume for a man is Jack the Ripper and if you want to make this a couple’s costume then add one of his victims. A Victorian ‘lady of the night’ can be a sexy Gothic Halloween costume for a lady.
JACK THE RIPPER COSTUMEVICTORIAN VAMP COSTUME
There are lots more Gothic costume ideas for Halloween especially for women from Gothic Ragdoll costumes to Gothic Fairy Costumes, but I hope you’ve enjoyed this small selection of Gothic costumes for couples.
Spiders are synonymous with Halloween so hanging a few spiders around the place along with spider webs is a great way to decorate your house for Halloween even an extra large web like this one to ‘catch’ unsuspecting prey with would make a cool element in your Halloween decorating –
Extra Large 6 Foot Halloween Spider Web
Buy on Amazon
I love to get the fine spider webbing and drape it around both inside and outside (see below if you’re not sure what I’m talking about) and I also love the motorised spiders that will suddenly descend down and land on someone’s shoulder/head or in their plate/glass etc! I actually don’t have one of these, but I’ve seen one in action and it’s really awesome.
Spider Web with (2) Spiders
Buy on Amazon
There are lots of other ways to add spiders into your Halloween decor and they include lights – there are so many different spider lights available from tea-lights to string lights and you can check out a great selection at – Spider Halloween Lights. The great thing about using spiders in your decoration is that you can combine them with so many different themes like the haunted house, the Halloween graveyard, the dungeon or even the mad scientists lab. It also means that if you’re short and didn’t reach up high with your dusting leading up to having friends around to celebrate they’ll think your spiderwebs are actually part of the decor!
Costumes Starting with H
If you’re looking for some awesome costume ideas that start with the letter H then you’ve come to the right place. There are Humpty Dumpty costumes available alongside Halo costumes and more besides.
I love fancy dress parties/events, but I love them even more when they’re themed and one of my favorite type of themes is the alphabet party theme. You take a letter of the alphabet (in this case H) and everyone has to dress as something beginning with that letter. If you’re thinking of hosting an H party or you’ve been invited to one then this is a great webpage for inspiration………or to buy your costume if you fall in love with one.
Costume Ideas That Begin With the Letter H
- Halo Master – Created by Microsoft this X-Box game series has taken the gaming world by storm so it’s hardly surprising that you can now get Halo costumes.
- Hamlet – From the Shakespeare play, this is an opportunity to wear a Tudor themed costume (Elizabethan is the ‘look’ that Hamlet usually boasts).
- Hangman – Simply don a long black robe with a full face hood for this creepy look. Just remember the hangman was always anonymous so make sure you stay covered up or their may be a lynch mob after you!
- Hannibal Lector – From Silence of the Lambs this fictional serial killer needs no introduction.
- Hans Solo – There’s always a Star Wars fan somewhere so I’m glad I’ve got a costume that begins with H just for them!
Halo Master Chief CostumeHarajuku Girl Adult Costume
- Harajuku Girl – This is a really fun and funky costume idea that I can imagine would be very popular. There are actually four Harajuku Girls that perform with Gwen Stefani which means that this could also be a great idea for a group costume.
- Harem Girl – Wear a belly dancer outfit and make sure your eyes look smouldering.
- Hari Krishna – This costume can be worn by one person or by a group of people, just add a tamborine to the long orange robes so that you can chant and dance in style.
- Harley Quinn – For all Batman fans here’s one of the villains for you to dress up as. You can choose from the classic Harley Quinn costume to the 2016 reinvention of the Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn.
- Harpo Marx – One of the famous Marx brothers comedy act of the 1930s. Wear a long, light-coloured coat, reddish-pink hair, and a top hat.
- Harry Potter – The wizard of Hogwarts fame, this is a very popular costume idea for the letter H
Spooky Haunted Tree Men’s CostumeBatman Arkham City Harley Quinn Women’s Costume
- Haunted Tree – You can see this costume above and I have to say I think it’s a highly original costume idea that brings a whole new meaning to the words Halloween Tree!
- Hawkeye – From The Avengers, need I say more?
- He Man – From cartoon fame comes this hero with bulging muscles/
- Headless Horseman – I fell in love with this costume the first time I saw it (a number of years ago) and I still love it!
- Helen of Troy – In Greek literature she is said to be the most beautiful woman in the world – a big title to hold! Wear Grecian robes and a smile
- Hello Kitty
Men’s Headless Horseman CostumeHighway Patrol Costume
- Henry VIII – One of the most famous of the Tudor Kings.
- Hercules – Hercules was the son of Zeus and a mortal woman, but he’s best remembered in mythology for the Labors of Hercules – 12 tasks he was sent on by the Oracle of Delphi.
- Herman Munster – From the famous 1960s television show, The Munsters, this costume is instantly recognizable as the show has a cult following.
- Hermoine Granger – A Muggle born student from Hogwarts and one of Harry Potter’s best friends.
- Highway Man – I grew up on tales of highway men like Dick Turpin and then along came the ‘camp’ version from Adam and the Ant’s music video Stand and Deliver!
- Highway Patrol – This costume always makes me think of the old television show CHiPs with Ponch and John.
- Hippie – This is a fun costume idea and can be worn by men or females alike as there are lots of different hippie costumes.
Hippie Costume, Rainbow,Holly Golightly Costume
- Holly Golightly – Audrey Hepburn’s most iconic character from the movie Breakfast at Tiffanys.
- Homer Simpson – The patriarch of television’s The Simpsons, make sure you can say ‘Doh!’ before dressing up as Homer!
- Hot Dog – You can get a fun hot dog costume, if you want to go as a couple one of you can dress up as a hot dog and one of you can dress up as a hot dog vendor.
- Hulk – The Incredible Hulk – green, big angry….need I say anymore?
- Humpty Dumpty – I have found some great Humpty Dumpty costumes available over the years and it’s certainly a cool costume idea.
- Hunchback of Notre Dame – My hubby dressed up as the Hunchback a number of years ago and he had great fun ‘lurching’ about, but a word of warning his back was quite sore the next day!
I hope you have fun dressing up in something beginning with H and hopefully we’ve helped you come up with an awesome costume idea.
We’ve discussed having a Halloween Tree on another post, but what about getting ornaments to hang on your tree? You can have a small Halloween tree or just get a full sized black Christmas tree and use it as a Halloween tree as well. There are lots of different ways to decorate it and you can get lots of ideas on my Halloween Christmas Tree Ornaments webpage.
There are lots of different types of ornaments that you can use like this one –
On the webpage I’ve linked to above there are lots of different Halloween tree ornaments that you can use to decorate for Halloween from pumpkins to ghosts, witches to black cats and more. I love the idea of these ornaments because if you enjoy Halloween like my daughter then you can ‘recycle’ these ornaments for Christmas and I love things that can be reused more than once a year especially my Halloween decor.