If you’re looking for costumes beginning with V then this is the perfect place for you to be! The first costume idea that springs to mind is vampires, but there are lots more fancy dress ideas from a Voodoo Doll to Venus, the goddess of love.
I compiled this page along with a number of others as resource pages for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. I used to get invited to a lot of alphabet parties when I was in my 20s and I think it’s high time they caught on again! In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter V! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with V right now.
NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases – more information below
Fancy Dress Ideas Starting with V
- V for Vendetta
- Vampire Slayer
- Vegas Slot Machine
- Vegetable – Dress up as your favourite veggie from a carrot to an eggplant!
- Velma (Scooby Doo) – You can find a cool Velma costume on our Scooby Doo Costume post.
- Venetian Ball Inspired Costumes – The Venetian masquerade ball is associated with all-encompassing robes and masks. Venetian carnival goers also wear elaborate costumes along with masks. The masks are really the key to this costume, although there’s more than one style of mask that is used.
- Venus Fly Trap
- Vermin – Dress up in either a rat or mouse costume.
- Versailles Courtier – Although the Palace of Versailles had been the center of French politics since Louis XIV moved there from Paris to me it always makes me think of Marie Antoinette and so I’d be dressing like a member of her court if I went as this ‘V’ costume.
Women’s 4 Piece Voodoo Doll CostumeUnisex – Adult Venus Flytrap CostumeSmiffys Thunderbirds Virgil Costume
More Costumes Beginning with V
- Vestal Virgin – A Vestal Virgin is dressed in pure white robes and has a very simple hair-style, as we’re talking Ancient Rome you should look for simple toga inspired robes.
- Vet – Very easy costume to pull together as all you need to do is pull on a white coat over your usual outfit – pet hairs make a nice touch too so you can always encourage any of your pets to lie on it before you go out!
- Victoria Beckham (either as Posh Spice or as VB designer) – You can find a costume idea on our Spice Girls costume post or dress up as her these days as wag, dress designer and mother.
- Victoria, the Queen – One of Britain’s more famous queens probably because she was also the Empress of the British Empire and a lot of advancements were made during her reign (which was the longest reign of a British monarch until recent years when Elizabeth II overtook her). I usually think of her as wearing black which she did after her husband died until her own death 40 years later.
- Victorian Lady or Gent – Fashion from the time of Queen Victoria’s reign in Great Britain from the working class ‘rags’ to the bustle skirts of the ladies and the frock coats of the gentlemen.
- Viking Costumes
- Virgil – Thunderbirds
- Voodoo Doll
- Voodoo Priest/Priestess
If you’re after more costume ideas that begin with different letters of the alphabet then be sure to check out our A-Z of Costumes page because we offer more than just costumes beginning with V!
Hi I’m Louanne from Everything Halloween, welcome to my blog! I just wanted to let you know that this post may contain affiliate links which means, at no cost to YOU, that I might receive compensation if you purchase something through a link on my site. In the online world this is called ‘affiliate marketing’ and is a very common way that bloggers make their money, if you want to find out more then check out this post to find out what is affiliate marketing and how we make money on this site, If you want to see my full affiliate disclosure and the other ‘legal stuff’ then click here.