The classic ‘P’ costume has to be pirates and let’s face it this is a costume that never gets old. No matter what age or sex you are everyone loves dressing up like a pirate even if it’s just so they can saw ‘aarrrrgh’ all night! There are so many different types of pirate costumes that you can dress up in you might want to checkout a post devoted to pirate costumes only – Pirate Fancy Dress Costumes. This costume post covers pirate costumes for men, women and children, it also looks at pirate hats, pirate boots and other pirate accessories that help bring together the best pirate costume ever!
NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases – more information below
Despite the overbearing urge to dress up as a pirate for a ‘P’ party or fancy dress events there are a lot of other options. You can choose from a PB&J Sandwich, a Peacock or numerous other ideas, let’s check them all out….
Costumes Starting with the Letter P
- Paddington Bear
- Paris – Paris can take a variety of interpretations. It could be the city or the Paris who caused the Trojan war on account of Helen of Troy. You could also go as Paris Hilton, the well-known socialite. Use a skimpy dress, a long blonde wig, and a small dog in a handbag to create that look.
- Pauly D (Jersey Shore) – Whether you’re a fan of the Jersey Shore or of the Pauly D Project this is a cool Pauly D costume to wear. I must admit I haven’t seen either program, but they certainly have a lot of fans.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
- Pebbles -The Flintstones make great costume ideas for a fancy dress party and I’ve seen a number of Freds, Wilmas, Barneys and Bettys over the years, surprisingly I’ve never seen anyone dress up as Pebbles, but if you’re going to a P party it’s a pretty good choice
Long Hair Panda Bear Mascot CostumeJersey Shore Deluxe Pauly D CostumeWomen’s Peacock Costume
- Pepper Shaker
- Peter Pan – Who doesn’t love the story of Peter Pan? With the first name Peter and the second name Pan he is definitely a good choice for a ‘P’ party costume idea!
- Phantom of the Opera
- Pied Piper
- Pink Lady (Grease)
- Pink Panther
Phantom of the Opera Costume AdultPepper Shaker Costume – AdultCalifornia Costumes Men’s Pimp Costume
- Pirate – There are lots of different pirate costumes available, so many that they have their very own home – Pirate Fancy Dress Costumes
- Playing Cards
- Plo Kloon – I do my best to include a Star Wars character whenever I do a post on costumes beginning with just to keep my Star Wars friends happy!
- Poison Ivy
- Polar Bear
- Pop Art Outfits – Recently, costumes inspired by the style of Roy Lichtenstein have gone crazy on Pinterest they feature bright colors, dots etc. The main thing to get right is the quirky makeup – YouTube has a number of tutorials, then add a bright wig, the outfit itself should enhance the colors you’ve added to your face and your wig of course.
- Pop Idol – this could be any one from old time idols like Elvis to the likes of Jessie J
- Posh Spice – If you want to dress up as Posh Spice in her heyday then check out the Spice Girls Costume post.
- Potato Head
Rasta Imposta Women’s Pop Art GirlMr Potato Head Adult CostumePlaying Card – Ace of Spades – Costume
- Power Ranger – All you have to do is decide which Power Ranger you’d prefer, although personally I’d go with Pink as that also starts with P!
- Princes – Dress up as any number of princes from Prince Charming, Prince Caspian, Prince the musician or even Prince Charles!
- Princesses – There are lots of Princesses to dress up as from Princess Leia to Princess Fiona, not to mention any of the Disney Princesses
- Professor Dumbledore
- Professor Snape
- Punk – A range of outfits can be created with a punk theme. Build them with accessories including:
- Tartan clothing
- Leather trousers
- Studded dog collars
- Punk makeup – this can be heavy and non-realistic, using bold lines and bright colours around the features of the face with colours extending into the hair, which is gelled or spiked
- Pussy Galore
Hi I’m Louanne from Everything Halloween, welcome to my blog! I just wanted to let you know that this post may contain affiliate links which means, at no cost to YOU, that I might receive compensation if you purchase something through a link on my site. In the online world this is called ‘affiliate marketing’ and is a very common way that bloggers make their money, if you want to find out more then check out this post to find out what is affiliate marketing and how we make money on this site, If you want to see my full affiliate disclosure and the other ‘legal stuff’ then click here.