Fancy Dress Ideas That Begin with the Letter J
Have you ever been to an alphabet party? When I was in my early 20s they were all the rage, somehow everytime I was invited to one it was always a P party which meant dressing up as something beginning with the letter P. You can choose any letter of the alphabet however and today I’ve chosen the letter J.
Fancy dress parties or costume parties are so much more fun when they’re themed, but you don’t always want to have an 80s party, or even a Star Wars themed party. Choosing a letter to base your party around is fun because seeing how people interpret it can be really interesting…..some people really know how to think outside of the box.
There are some great costumes that begin with the letter J, but one which you may find easy to go as if it’s a last minute idea is James Bond. Provided you can say, “The name’s Bond, James Bond,” and you don’t mind drinking martinis all night this is a pretty easy costume as it only requires a suit or a tux – add a toy gun and you’re licenced to thrill!
Let’s look at a few other costume ideas….
Costumes Beginning with J – The List
- Jabba the Hutt
- Jabbawockeez Costume – This dance crew is famous for wearing masks, you can dress up as a simple member or use it as a group costume idea.
- Jack the Ripper – The real Jack the Ripper was never caught, but that doesn’t stop him from becoming a Halloween costume!
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
- Jackson Five – A great group costume idea if you’re going with friends
- Jake Sully – Jake Sully is the true blue hero of the hit movie Avatar (sorry I couldn’t resist that pun!) and is a fun fancy dress costume to wear.
- James Bond – Add a suit, a gun and introduce yourself as Bond, James Bond and you’ll be licensed to have fun all night!
- James Dean
- Jane – ‘Me Tarzan, you Jane,’ this is a classic ‘J’ costume for women. The Jane costume featured below doesn’t come with the spear, but personally I would look at getting one as a prop because it really adds to it.
- Jango Fett – Star Wars costumes are always a hit at parties. It’s hard to believe that the very first Star Wars movie was released back in 1977.
The whole Star Wars franchise still has a hoard of faithful followers around the globe. If you’re one of them then this costume is just one of the ‘J’ costumes available for you.
- Jason (Friday 13th)
- Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie)
- Jedi Knight
- Jessica Rabbit
- Jessie (Toy Story) – From the hugely successful Toy Story movies comes Jessie. What more can I say? The Toy Story franchise continues to be hugely popular which means that this is a ‘J’ costume that will be instantly recognized by children and parents alike!
- Jessie J
- Jester – A court Jester is a fun and bright costume idea that should bring a smile to everyone’s face. Sporting events often see Team Jester Hats worn by supporters so if you’re trying to put together a quick costume you ‘might’ get away with wearing one of those. – Check out a collection of Court Jester costumes here!
- Jigsaw Puppet – The movie Saw gave us the protaganist Jigsaw when it became an unexpected box office hit which followed with another 5 movies.
- Jimi Hendrix
- Joan of Arc – I love the idea of dressing up as Joan of Arc, forget mythical super heroes this is a girl who kicked some serious $#@*. While I always think of the warrior style of costumes that are sold as Joan of Arc costumes another idea would be to create one with a pole at your back and a pile of wood at your feet with crepe paper flames leaping up – now that would be a cool costume idea – Joan of Arc burning at the stake!
- Joker – The Joker is one of the classic Batman villains. The late Heath Ledger did an outstanding job of portraying the Joker on the big screen before his death which is why this is the most popular version of the Joker costume out there. Now that the Suicide Squad has been made into a movie there’s yet another version of the Joker to choose from!
- Josephine – If you’re feeling like a historical period costume then what about Napoleon’s Empress Josephine? If your friends know their history they will know who you are if not….
- Juliet – If you want to go around saying ‘Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo/’ or words to that effect then the romantic Juliet from Romeo and Juliet is the costume for you!
- Julius Caesar – One of the most famous of the Roman Emperors.