Fancy Dress Outfits Starting with the Letter F
I’ve compiled this page with a range of others as I used to attend alphabet parties in my 20s and they were so much fun. I read a few years ago that they were making a comeback so for those of you who draw a blank when you have to come up with ideas for costume party here’s your resource list
Cool Costumes Beginning with F
- Fairy – a classic little girls costume, but there’s also costumes for grown ups as well – I especially think men can dress up as the tooth fairy after the Rock’s performance!
- Fairy Godmother
- Fame character – go back to the 80s with leg warmers, leotards and off the shoulder shirts
- Fat B**stard – A character from Austin Powers, I seem to know a lot of people who enjoy talking like the Fat B**stard so I’m sure they’d love to dress up as him as well.
- Father Christmas
- Father Time – Wear long robes for this costume, some people depict him in white robes while others show him in black robes, what all costumes show is a big timepiece hanging around his neck.
- FBI officer – wear the standard issue black suit and look like a fed or wear regular clothes and just flash your badge if you want to be an undercover agent, just don’t forget to talk into your watch and wear an ear piece.
- Fester Addams aka Uncle Fester – Uncle Fester, the Addams Family hasn’t been on air for years and yet they’re all instantly recognizable.
- Fiona (Shrek)
- Fisherman – you can dress up in yellow wet weather gear as though you’re a trawler fisherman or else you can wear waders and carry a bag with a few feathers on hooks on it (along with a fishing rod that is) and say you’re a trout fisherman.
- Flamenco Dancer
- Flapper – there are lots of different Flapper outfits to choose from as well as loads of fun accessories from headbands to long beads, boas or cigarette holders. I love the fashions of the 1920s which is why I love all of the flapper outfits. Check out a whole selection on this page – 1920s Style Flapper Halloween Costumes.
- Flash (The) – This superhero has probably gained an even bigger success thanks to the small screen success of the Big Bang Theory where he’s one of Sheldon’s favorite fancy dress outfits.
- Flight attendant
- Florence Nightingale – a British nurse from the time of the Crimea war Florence Nightingale is seen as the founder of modern nursing. The outfit you need for this is very much like that of a Victorian scullery maid, including the cap, although rather than the white cotton caps worn by maids, Florence Nightingale’s one was more of a white lace cap. She was known as the lady of the lamp as she would check on her patients at night so getting a lamp to carry would be a great prop for this costume.
- Flower – A flower is a great costume for if you want a DIY project. Simply wear green for the stem, add face paint the color you want the middle of the flower head to be and then attach the petals around your face (I would use a piece of elastic to run under your chin and over your head. The petals could be made from tissue paper to cardboard or even fabric.
- Flower Pot Men – Bill and Ben from the old British cartoon.
- Flower Power Hippie – embrace your inner 60s child with a ‘peace man’ attitude and flowers in your hair! A little outside of the box thinking again for a cool costume idea.
- Flying Monkey from Wizard of Oz
- Football – I’ve actually seen costumes for sale for both an NFL football and a soccer ball, both of which do look like a bit of fun.
- Footballer – American footballer from your favourite team or a soccer player the choice is yours.
- Fork – I have seen a fork costume which I think is just priceless
- Fortune Teller
- Fox Hunter
- Foxxy Cleopatra (Austin Powers)
- Frank n Furter (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
- Frankenstein’s Bride
- Frankie Stein – a Monster High costume idea, Frankie Stein was one of the original characters from the range.
- Fred (from Scooby Doo) – Although Fred wasn’t my favourite Scooby character he is still from a cartoon that I loved growing up. It really seems to have struck a chord across generations as my father loved it, I loved it and my daughter loved it!
- Fred Astaire
- Fred Flintstone – The main character from the lovable Hanna-Barbera cartoon, The Flintstones.
- Freddie Mercury
- Freddy Krueger
- French Maid
- Frenchie (from Grease)
- Friar Tuck
- Frodo Baggins – a hobbit from Lord of the Rings
- Fruit – there’s lots of different fruit costumes from apples to limes and more so you can just dress up as your favourite and if anyone says that oranges start with O, you can simply tell them you’re Fruit which starts with F …….. and then start planning an O party so you can re-use your costume!
- Fuzzy Dice
If you’re after a costume that begins with another letter of the alphabet then I’ve got you covered with that too, simply check out my a-z of costumes page.
Back to the letter F and which costume idea is your favorite?