Fancy Dress Outfits Starting with C
If you’re looking for costumes beginning with C for a themed party then I’ve compiled a great list for you from sexy cabaret dancers to lovable Chewbacca as well as historic characters like Caesar and fictional characters like Cat in a Hat.
I’ve compiled this page with a range of others as I used to attend alphabet parties in my 20s and they were so much fun. I read a few years ago that they were making a comeback so for those of you who draw a blank when you have to come up with ideas for costume party here’s your resource list
NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases – more information below
If you’re after a costume that begins with another letter of the alphabet I have also got you covered on my A-Z Costume page.
The Big List of Costumes Beginning with C
- Cabaret Dancer
- Cabin Crew
- Caesar – If you think you can pull off an Ancient ruler then there isn’t one that’s quite as recognizable as Caesar is there? This costume could also be worn at a Toga party, but whatever you do don’t wear this one the Ides of March!
- Calamity Jane
- Campbells Chunky Soup – I love this costume idea, it’s a can (one tick), it’s Campbells (two ticks) and it’s chunky (three ticks) now if only it was Chicken you’d have well and truly covered the idea of a ‘C’ costume!!!
Rasta Imposta Campbell’s Chunky Soup Can, Red/White, One Size
- Can-Can Girl – If you’ve got the legs then a Can Can girl is a really sexy costume to wear…….’na nana nana nana, nana nana nana……’ you know you’re humming it! I must admit watching Bad Manners perform the Can Can really put me off the image, but then it was the 80s!!
- Captain – To quote the movie Dead Poet’s Society – ‘O Captain, my Captain’. There are lots of different Captains that you can dress up as including Captain America one of Marvel’s best and the classic Captain Hook (you’ve just got to watch out in case someone is dressing up as a crocodile!). Then you have Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Kirk. Of course you may just want to wear a Captains uniform from one of the services or even dress as a police captain.
- Carmen Miranda
- Carol Singer
- Carrie – from the movie with the same name just wear a prom dress with fake blood over your hair and dress.
- Cartoon characters from Minnie Mouse to Tinkerbell or from Donald Duck to Scooby Doo
- Casper – everyone’s favourite ghost.
- Cat Burglar
- Cat in the Hat
Adult Caterpillar Halloween Costume (One Size)
- Catelyn Stark (Game of Thrones)
- Caveman or Cavewoman
- Cereal Box – cornflakes start with c, but you can use any cereal you like
- Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones)
- Champagne Bottle
- Chardonnay Grapes – Chardonnay is made from green grapes so you can get a green grape costume or even make your own. Wear a green morph suit (or just pants and a long sleeved tee). Next blow up some green balloons and stick them all over you to resemble a bunch of grapes.
- Charlie Chaplin – Pop on a suit, a bowler hat and a cane then add bushy eyebrows and a mustache (you can actually buy a Charlie Chaplin mustache and brow set online) and you’ve got a great Charlie Chaplin outfit.
- Chauffeur – A smart suit and a peaked cap is all you need to be someone’s chauffeur for the evening.
- Chef – a white coat or long striped apron and a chefs hat is all that’s needed or you could use a hairnet and just be the cook!
- Cher – there are lots of different costume ideas for a Cher costume from hippie style bell bottoms of the Sonny & Cher days to the very risque Turn Back Time outfit from the 80s. It would be a fun costume idea to pull together yourself, but if you don’t feel like DIY there are a number of costume options available to purchase.
- Cheshire Cat
- Chess King or Queen – you could go as any chess piece, but these are the only two costumes I’ve seen and I wouldn’t know how to make the costume from scratch!
- Chewbacca – A classic Star Wars costume, I think everyone fell in love with ‘Chewie’ when the original Star Wars movies were released and it’s certainly a costume that everyone will recognize.
- Chili Pepper – this is a fun costume that you could also wear to a Mexican themed party as well.
- Chimney Sweep
- Chinese Takeout – I’ve seen a couple of different variations on this costume and I have to say I think they’ve both looked awesome.
- Christmas Cracker (or bonbon depending on whereabouts you live!)
- Christmas Pudding
- Christmas Tree
- Chucky – with his distinctive ginger hair you can make this evil doll come to life with a Chucky costume or even a Bride of Chucky costume.
- Cigarette Girl –
Starline Women’s Cigarette Girl Costume Set, Pink/Black
I absolutely love these vintage costume ideas, I took one look at this costume and I was instantly transported back to Sunday afternoons as a teenager when I would watch old black and white movies with my dad. The likes of Cary Grant, James Stewart, Eva Marie Saint and Grace Kelly would be on the screen and if the action was happening in a club there would always be a cigarette girl walking around.
Of course this was in the days when people thought that smoking was good for you so it was all very glamorous!
- Cinderella – it’s not just little girls who like to be a princess!
- Cinema Usher/usherette – you can dress up in a uniform with a little hat and a tray with your goodies on it for the ‘old time’ ushers that came around at intermission with refreshments or else you can just be in black trousers, white shirt and have a torch to show latecomers to their seats.
- Circus Performer from the ringmaster to a trapeze artist.
- Cleopatra – one of the classic ‘C’ costumes.
- Clone Trooper
- Coca-Cola – there are some neat coca-cola costumes available to purchase. I love the can of coke style costume for myself, but the bottle caps that come with the lady’s dress style of coca-cola costume are really fun as well. You can check out lots of ideas on my Coca Cola Costumes post.
- Cockroach – Now I’m not sure why anyone would want to dress up as a cockroach, but I guess it’s a costume that will stand out from the crowd!
- Colombia (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
- Colonel Sanders – from KFC all you need is a Southern accent, a white suit, white hair and a goatee……….oh and a box of KFC would be a nice touch too!
- Comic Book Characters – from Batman to Wolverine, thinking outside the square so that you can dress up as your favorite cartoon character no matter what letter their name begins with!
- Confederate soldier
- Confessional – I saw a photo of someone who dressed up as a confessional once and I thought it was a very neat idea. I think he had made the ‘box’ out of cardboard, but I’m not certain.
- Convict – You can have a choice of the traditional black and white stripes complete with a ball and chain or go “Orange is the New Black” style outfit instead.
- Cookie – choc chip would be my preference!
- Cookie Monster
- Cool Runnings – This movie was based on a Jamacian Bobsled team who entered the Olympics, if you haven’t seen it you should watch it as it’s funny as well as getting inspiration for your costume!
- Count Dracula
- Court Jester – Otherwise known as a Fool or a Joker, there’s a selection of fun costumes ideas, check them out – Court Jester Costumes.
- Crayons – There are some cool Crayola Crayon costumes available that I think are so much fun they have their very own page – Fun Crayon Costumes.
- Crocodile Dundee
- Cruella de Ville
- Cyndi Lauper – A great costume beginning with C this is also a cool 80s costume idea, if the 80s is what you’re after then you can find more at 80s Costumes for Women!
Cyndi Lauper Costume Skirt Size: Standard
What’s your favorite costume beginning with C?
Hi I’m Louanne from Everything Halloween, welcome to my blog! I just wanted to let you know that this post may contain affiliate links which means, at no cost to YOU, that I might receive compensation if you purchase something through a link on my site. In the online world this is called ‘affiliate marketing’ and is a very common way that bloggers make their money, if you want to find out more then check out this post to find out what is affiliate marketing and how we make money on this site, If you want to see my full affiliate disclosure and the other ‘legal stuff’ then click here.