Costumes That Start With The Letter E
Are you looking for costumes beginning with E? If so you’ve come to the right place as I have an awesome costume collection just for you from Elvis to Elizabeth I and from Edward Scissorhands to an elephant there are some cool costumes that start with E.
I love thinking of different costumes that start with a certain letter which is probably because of the amount of alphabet parties I attended in my early 20s. If you’ve never been to an alphabet party then you don’t know what you’re missing. Alphabet parties are basically a themed fancy dress event whereby you pick a letter of the alphabet like E and everyone has to dress as something beginning with that letter. It’s amazing what people come up with and so much fun.
Regardless of why you need a costume that starts with E, let’s have a look at what fancy dress outfits we’ve found for you….
The Big List of Costumes Beginning with E
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Edna Everage – otherwise known as Dame Edna.
- Edward Scissorhands – the licensed Edward Scissorhands costumes look fantastic and take you back to the first of the Tim Burton Johnny Depp collaborations.
- Edwardian Gent or Lady – historical costumes are very popular and with the popularity of shows such as Downtown Abbey (the first season was based in the post-Edwardian era, but some of the costumes were still quite Edwardian in looks) these costumes are bound to be a hit.
- Egg – there are a few fried egg costumes, but this could also be an Easter egg.
- Egyptian Queen – the most popular Egyptian queen is Cleopatra, and she’s often portrayed wearing the heavy make up that Elizabeth Taylor characterized her in on the silver screen.
- Elf or Elf on the Shelf
- Elizabeth I – if you sport a red curly wig with a Tudor costume then people will automatically think of you as Queen Elizabeth.
- Elle Woods – the pink clothed, chihuahua loving wannabe lawyer from Legally Blonde
- Elsa from Frozen
- Elton John
- Elvira – the mistress of the night herself
- Elvis – the King had many different looks through his musical career, but the one most commonly emulated seems to be his jumpsuit era.
- Emma, the Yellow Wiggle
- (An) Emo
- Emperor Penguin
- Eric Cartman from Southpark
- ET the Extra-Terrestrial
- Eve – a nude colored bodystocking with strategically placed fig leafs make for an easy costume idea for someone with a lot of confidence to carry off.
- Evel Knievel
- Evil Queen – before she went by the name of Ravenna, Snow White’s evil stepmom was simply known as the Evil Queen.
If you’re after a costume beginning with a different letter of the alphabet then I’ve got you covered with my A-Z costume page.
Back to the letter E – which costume idea is your favorite?