Costumes Starting with G
Are you looking for costumes beginning with G? I’ve compiled together as many costume ideas as I could find that begin with the letter G – why you might add, well let me tell you about Alphabet Parties.
During my early 20s I was invited to a number of Alphabet Parties – Alphabet Parties are basically a party where you’re given a letter of the alphabet and you have to dress up as something beginning with that letter. I loved these parties I think it’s a great theme for a fancy dress party and so I’ve compiled a number of pages in an attempt to promote the idea so that more people can enjoy the fun.
The page you’ve found today has all of the fancy dress ideas I could think of that begin with the letter G, I’m sure there’s some I’ve missed so I welcome ideas from you in my guestbook at the bottom of the page – have fun in your costume whether you choose a ghost or a go go girl or something completely different.
- G I Jane
- G I Joe
- Gangster – now gangster could mean just about anything in a costume as it does just mean a member of a gang, but whenever I think of a gangster costume I think of the old time gangsters of the 20s with the pinstripe suits and firearms.
- Gangster Moll – As with the gangster costume above I always think of the 1920 gangster molls for a costume so get out your flapper dress, shake those pearls and don’t forget to pop a pistol into your bag in case things turn ugly!
- Gargoyle – depending who you speak to a gargoyle could be an architectural feature on a building to act as a spout or a mythical creature, personally I like to go with the mythological side, but either way it can be a great costume idea. I’ve recently discovered that you can buy a gargoyle costume, but I think it’s a fun diy costume idea. Wear grey clothing and use grey paint on your body, face and hair, some touches of green can be good if it can look like moss. Most gargoyles have a grotesque looking face so a mask is a great idea and there are lots of gargoyle masks available, or use any grotesque looking mask, preferably grey in color.
- Geisha – in order to properly carry off this costume you do have to remember that make up is essential. Geisha’s use a wax base and then make up to create a white face which then had extra make-up added to give the eyes and mouth effect.For tips on how to apply Geisha make up you can check out – How to Apply Geisha Makeup
- Gene Simmons – the lead singer of KISS how much fun would this costume be?
- Genghis Khan
- George Washington
- Georgian Lady or Man – If you love the Georgian or Regency fashion styles from the times of Jane Austin then this could be a great costume idea. A white wig is essential, of course, but what about the actual costumes? I must admit while there are a few ready made Georgian costumes available to purchase the majority of these costumes that I’ve seen have been handmade.
- Ghost – Ghosts are a great idea for costumes whether you’re an adult or a child, a girl or a boy which is why they have their own post dedicated to cool ghostly outfits….
When I was younger dressing up as a ghost was the thing to do if you left it until the last minute to sort out your fancy dress costume. There was no going t…
- Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters were a classic 80s movie and this costume would be just at home at an 80s party as it would a G party or even just to go trick and treating on Halloween with. Check out my Ghostbusters post for cool costume ideas.
- Ginger Spice – this outspoken Spice Girl is a popular costume choice, you can get one of Geri’s costumes on my Spice Girl Costume post
- Gingerbread Man
- Glam Rock Singer – this could be a rather generic costume or just dress up as one of your favourite Glam Rock singers from David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust to Gary Glitter, Alice Cooper or more.
- Glee Cheerleader
- Gods – The Greeks and Romans had a god or goddess for almost every aspect of their lives. Typically their gods (or goddesses) would be dressing in white robes/togas edged with gold or silver trim. Defining which deity you are can be done with accessories for example Diana would carry a bow and arrow. Then there are Norse gods so if you want to give your Thor costume an airing this is your chance!Of course if you can’t decide between the gods available in Greek, Roman or Norse lore then you could always put on a long robe, a white beard and just play the Old Testament version of god.
- Gomez – Gomez Addams is a person who needs no introduction and you can find a costume for him on my Addams Family Costume post
- Gondolier – from the canals of Venice come the singing Gondoliers, gentling manoevering the gondola’s around the waterways of Venice – traditionally dressed in blank trousers, a black and white striped top with a red necktie and red sash acting as a belt, top the costume off with a straw hat featuring a red ribbon.I should mention that when I was in Venice I also saw a few that just wore black trousers, a red and white striped top and a straw hat with red ribbon so…
- Gotham Girl – As you’d suspect a Gotham Girl is from Gotham City, the home of Batman, it’s actually an American Flash Animation series that focused on several of the female characters that hailed from Gotham City.These characters include Batgirl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn. Dress up as either of these powerful women or better yet make this a group costume idea!
- Grapes – you can purchase your own grape costume in both green or purple, but I know many people have successfully made their own diy grape costume and it’s actually very easy to do.First you’ll need to wear a body suit and then you need to have the lung capacity to blow up a lot of balloons.Simply attach the balloons all over your body suit (making sure they’re all either green or purple or red depending on the type of grape you want to be) and you have a home made bunch of grapes costumeI would also add a pair of the appropriate colored tights or leggings as well.
- Green Hornet
- Green Lantern
- Grim Reaper
- Groucho Marx
- Gunslinger – evoke the Wild Wild West with your best cowboy for hire costume!
- Gypsy – there are a lot of different gypsy costumes available to buy or you can create your own. I had to come up with a costume idea at short notice a few years ago so I chose to dress up as a gypsy. I wore a loose peasant blouse, long skirt and draped a scarf over my head, then I armed myself with some cards and ‘pretended’ to read everyone’s future in the cards – a fun night and easy costume.