Fancy Dress Ideas Beginning with L
Have you ever been to an alphabet party? When I was in my early 20s they were all the rage, somehow every single time I was invited to one it was always a P party which meant dressing up as something beginning with the letter P. You can choose any letter of the alphabet however and today I’ve chosen the letter L.
Fancy dress parties or costume parties are so much more fun when they’re themed, but you don’t always want to have an 80s party,a James Bond themed cocktail evening or even a Star Wars themed party. Choosing a letter to base your party around is fun because seeing how people interpret it can be really interesting…..some people really know how to think outside of the box.
Costumes Beginning with L – The List
- Laa Laa – Instantly recognisable costume, I must admit I do find the Teletubbies a little annoying. I was so relieved when my daughter didn’t seem very taken with them 🙂
- Lady Bug – I absolutely loved Ladybirds or Lady Bugs (depending on where you’re from) as a child and I still think they make a gorgeous costume idea.
- Lady Gaga – Lady Gaga called herself the Queen of Reinvention when she first burst on her screens and she’s lived up to that with a range of ‘outrageous’ costumes which makes her a fun person to dress up as. Check out some of her costume ideas on these posts – Lady Gaga Official Costumes & Lady Gaga Bodysuit Inspired Costumes.
- Lady Godiva – For those of you who don’t know the story Lady Godiva rode into town on a white pony………..wearing absolutely nothing! Basically all you need is a skin colored body suit and a long blonde wig and you have a great costume.
- Lady Luck – Lady Luck is a fictional character that personifies luck, as she’s not really real you can dress up however you like as long as you include some symbols of luck from shamrocks to a rabbits foot or alternatively incorporate elements of gambling like dice and cards as she’s often called upon in places such as Vegas!
- Lancelot – Sir Lancelot was one of King Arthur’s most trusted advisors and a Knight of the Round Table. He is portrayed as a romantic figure and features in numerous Medieval romance stories.
- LAPD motorcycle cop – think Chips or The Village People
- Lara Croft
- Latin Dancer
- LEGO character
- Leia – Princess Leia from Star Wars is a classic Star Wars costume that you can wear as a costume beginning with L too!
- Leonardo (TMNT)
- Lifeguard – If you have a Baywatch costume from previous years you can always use this for a Lifeguard costume.
- Lime Wedge – This is a fun costume, but a word to the wise people seem to get fed up with you constantly asking if anyone has seen your Corona…..and I thought it was funny
- Little Mermaid
- Lone Ranger
- Long John Silver – Pirate costumes are fun for all the family, so if you like pirates then Long John Silver is a great idea, check out our Pirate Costume post
- Luigi – Luigi needs no introduction to anyone born since the mid-80s as both Luigi and Mario have worked their way firmly into our pop culture.
- Luke Skywalker – Yet another Star Wars inspired costume beginning with L, perhaps if you’re attending a party as a couple you could go as Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.