If you’re looking for costumes beginning with Z then this is the perfect place to be. The first costume idea that springs to mind is Zombie and this is an extremely popular costume idea at the moment with so much opportunity to add your own twist on the theme. There are a few other Z costume ideas that you could use however, so check them out below.
I compiled this page along with a number of others as resource pages for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. I used to get invited to a lot of alphabet parties when I was in my 20s and I think it’s high time they caught on again! In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter Z! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with Z right now.
Fancy Dress Costumes Beginning with Z
- Ziggy Stardust – One of the late David Bowie’s alter egos, Ziggy Stardust is infamous for his lightning bolt streak of make-up and his glam rock wardrobe and hair.
- Zombie – This type of costume means you can go as just about anything with a zombie in front of it. A generic zombie or just take the costume you wore last year and ‘zombify it’, roll down a hill to get dirt and grass stains on it – have a fight with friends using water pistols filled with fake blood and generally trash your costume. Next add zombie make up and you’re ready to go!
Smiffy’s Zeus CostumeMen’s Zebra CostumeZorro Deluxe Costume
- Zoo Animal – an excuse to go as any type of animal that might be seen in a zoo, this really expands the perimeters from lion to monkey and more.
- Zoo Keeper
If you’re looking for costumes beginning with U then you’ve come to the right place. Star Trek fans will automatically think of Lieutenant Uhura. There are plenty of other ‘U’ costumes out there, however from kooky Uncle Fester to an umpire and more.
This page was compiled as a resource page for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. If you haven’t heard of an alphabet party it’s basically a themed party around one particular letter. In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter U! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with U right now.
Fancy Dress Costumes Beginning with U – The List
- Ugly Betty
- Uhura – Lieutenant Uhura was the Communications Officer on the original Star Trek series and is a very popular idea for a ‘U’ costume.
- Uncle Fester – The strange uncle from the iconic kooky television series, The Addams Family, you can check out costumes for the whole Addams Family on this post.
- Uncle Sam
Women’s Umpire CostumeUncle Sam Costume2 Piece Unicorn Costume
- Undead – aka a zombie! Simply dress up as any type of zombie and just say you’re the undead or undead doctor, undead bride, undead groom, even undead Marilyn.
- Union Jack – you could just wrap yourself up in the Union Jack or where a Union Jack dress like the one Ginger Spice made famous when she was with the Spice Girls.
- Union Officer
- Union Soldier
- University graduate
If you’re looking for costumes beginning with S then you’re in the right place! I have a wealth of different costumes starting with S from Superman to Sweet Pea and more so let’s check them out.
I compiled this page as a resource page for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. An alphabet party is where you are given a letter and you have to dress up as something beginning with that letter. If you’re on this page I’m going to assume that the letter chosen is S. If you need other letters though I have you covered on my A-Z costume page, but let’s look at costumes beginning with S right now.
Costumes Beginning with S – The Big List
- Safari Explorer
- Saloon Girl
- Scarlett O’Hara – The star of the classic move Gone With The Wind you can actually check out some of Scarlett’s costume ideas on this post – Scarlett O’Hara Costumes.
- Scary Spice – One of the Spice Girls you can check out her costume of my Spice Girls Costume Ideas post.
- Scientist – all you need for this costume is a white lab coat, a funky wig would also look great if you want to go as a ‘mad’ scientist. A great idea is to get hold of some dry ice so that you can pour your drink over it and look like you’re mixing up some secret formula!
- Scooby Doo – I just love Scooby, definitely one of the best dog characters on television you can find the perfect Scooby costume on Scooby Doo Costumes.
- Scottish Costumes – Whether you like the traditional Scotsman costume that we all think of ie a kilt or whether you’ve been watching Braveheart and want to dress up as a Scottish warrior they’re both great ‘S’ costume ideas!
- Scotty – The Star Trek engineer on the Original Star Trek series.
- Scream – the ghostface character from the Scream movies who doesn’t appear to have a ‘real’ name.
- Scullery Maid
- Shaggy – Scooby’s best friend, you can find cool Shaggy costumes on my Scooby Doo Costumes post.
Scotish Warrior CostumeSaloon Girl CostumeStar Trek Scotty Costume
- Sherlock Holmes – The self-proclaimed most famous detective in the world! I like to think of Sherlock in the traditional way with a deer stalker hat, Victorian gentleman’s cape coat and a pipe.
- Sir Lancelot – One of the Knights of the Round Table in the days of King Arthur, Sir Lancelot is somewhat of a historical legend.
- Sixties Mod
- SkyBlu – One half of the group LMFAO.
- Sleeping Beauty
- Slot Machine
- Snake Charmer
- Snow Queen
- Snow White
- Soccer Player
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Spanish Bullfighter
- Spanish Dancer
- Spartan Warrior
- Spice Girl – any Spice Girl, check out all of the different Spice Girl costumes on the Spice Girls Costume Ideas post.
- Spock – A very logical costume idea from the original Star Trek series.
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Sporty Spice – One fifth of the popular 90s girl band the Spice Girls you can check out her costume on – Spice Girls Costume Ideas.
- Statue of Liberty
- Stormtrooper – There’s always someone in the group who wants to dress up as someone/something from Star Wars so why not be a Stormtrooper for the night.
- Sumo Wrestler
Women’s Supergirl CostumeInflatable Sumo Wrestler CostumeAdult Statue Of Liberty Costume
- Super Girl
- Sweeny Todd
- Sweet Pea – A character from the cult movie Sucker Punch you can check out her costume on my Sucker Punch Costume Ideas post.
- Sylvester (Looney Tunes)
If you’re looking for costumes beginning with T then you’ve come to the right place. I have classic ‘T’ costumes like Tarzan or the Tin Man through to a game of Twister costume and more. I particularly like the idea of dressing up as a Tea Bag as I have affectionately been known as the old tea bag due to my love of tea!
This page, along with a number of others,has been compiled as a resource page for anyone who’s been invited to an alphabet party. I used to get invited to a lot of alphabet parties when I was in my 20s and I think it’s high time they caught on again! In a nutshell you have to dress up as something beginning with a particular letter and if you’re on this webpage then the letter chosen is the letter T! I have other webpages available that cover the rest of the letters of the alphabet, but let’s look at costumes beginning with T right now.
Fancy Dress Costumes Beginning with T
- Tea Bag
- Teddy bear
- Teddy Boys & Girls
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tennis Player
Testeys Tea Bag CostumeMen’s Teddy Boy CostumeTequila Bottle Costume
- Texas Ranger
- Tic Tac Toe
- Tin Man – The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz is an absolute classic costume for a ‘T’ party and can also be worn if you’re going to a classic movies themed night.
- Tina Turner
- Tinkerbell – Peter Pan’s little fairy friend, I used to love Tink as a child and I still love the idea of dressing up as her these days too!
- Tinky Winky – One of the Teletubbies, Tinky Winky is instantly recognizable and if you happen to have a touch too much drink then people will think you’re in character when you don’t pronounce your words quite right! You can check out all of the Teletubbie costumes on the group costume post.
Men’s Avengers Adult Thor CostumeTic Tac Toe Board Adult Halloween CostumeBlow Me Tissue Box Costume
- Tomato Ketchup
- Tooth Fairy
- Toreador – this is the name for a Spanish bull fighter, ole!
- Trophy Wife
- Tweedledee or Tweedledum – From Alice in Wonderland, this would also make a great couples costume idea.
- Twenties Lady – Dress up as a Flapper, Gatsby Girl or a female take on a 20s gangster. Check out this post for some great 1920s Flapper costumes.
- Twenties Man